Monday, January 30, 2012

My Thoughts on Beer

Even though there are thousands of commercials celebrating it, people I know claim to love it, and I’ve actually witnessed people drinking it, I honestly have a hard time believing people really, honestly like beer. I am not anti-beer because I believe alcohol is from the devil and one drink leads to alcoholism and stuff like that. I don’t believe that stuff. I just honestly can’t believe people enjoy the flavor of beer. It is so gross to me that it’s easier for me to think millions of people are faking their love for the stuff than it’s a taste that I just haven’t acquired. I eat or drink practically anything. I don’t have a weak stomach, and I’m adventurous when it comes to trying new flavors. But I just don’t get beer.

I hope this will illuminate what I mean. I also do not like calamari.I’ve eaten it before, but it’s not something I enjoy. However, I can understand how other people like it. To me, it’s kinda gross, but I’m willing to concede that it isn’t gross to other people. Same thing with white chocolate. For me, no thanks.But I can understand how other people enjoy it. I get it that there are things I don’t like and other people do. That’s OK of course.

But beer is just SO gross to me that my brain can’t comprehend how other people make it go down!!

It’s so high on the gross spectrum that not only do I dislike it (like calamari and white chocolate), but I can’t even fathom that other people like it.

I can’t even pretend to like it and finish off one can because it seems like the thing to do in certain social situations. It hurts! It kind of makes me gag.

And all of this might make me a baby, but the whole beer situation is confusing to me psychosomatically. I can see people drinking it, and my mind tells me, “They are really enjoying that beer.” But my body says, “There’s no way, dude.”

No comments:

Post a Comment